How to Make an Easy and Simple Baby Corn Dry Masala Curry
Baby Corn Dry Masala Curry
Whenever I feel bored of following an elaborate procedure for making a curry, I choose to make a dry curry where I use ready-made masala powders. Not having to grind your spices/ingredients saves your time. Dry curries are equally as healthy and delicious as the soupy ones. Choose vegetables diligently for these curries. There are certain vegetable combinations that are perfect for making this dish. Let me show you one such mouth-watering combination: baby corn dry masala curry.
Overview of the Recipe:
For making the baby corn dry masala curry, first you have to par-boil baby corn in just sufficient water. Next, heat some oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add chopped onions and fresh/frozen peas. Saute on medium-high fire till onions turn transparent. Add chopped tomatoes. Continue sauteing till tomatoes become soft, not mushy. Add par-boiled baby corn. Throw some salt. Stir-cook on low fire for 3-4 minutes.
Add garam masala powder or curry powder, coriander seeds powder, red chili powder, a little sugar, and the remaining salt. Mix well. Stir-cook the mix for 1-2 minutes. Add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Turn off the fire. Baby corn dry masala curry is ready to serve.
Transfer the curry into a serving dish. Serve it as a side dish for rotis, chapatis, pancakes, less spicy rice dishes, curd rice etc. Enjoy eating!
Ingredients for Making Baby corn Dry Masala Curry
- 1 cup baby corn, slit and cut in lengthwise pieces
- 1/4 cup capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp or less turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp or more red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 2 pinches sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Baby Corn Dry Curry
- Slit baby corn lengthwise, and chop them into 1-cm pieces. Par-boil them in just enough water to cover them. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add chopped onions and fresh peas (optional). Saute until the onions turn golden.
- Add chopped capsicum. Stir-cook on low fire for two minutes.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or till tomatoes become soft but not mushy.
- Now add par-boiled baby corn. Mix well. Cook for some time or till baby corn gets cooked completely.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder or curry powder, sugar, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes. If the mix is too dry, add a few drops of water. Mix well. Turn off the fire. Baby corn dry masala curry is ready!
- Transfer the curry into a serving bowl. Serve this curry as a side dish for any less spicy main course dish.
- You can serve it with rotis, pancakes, chapatis, pooris, fried rice, curd rice etc. This delicious and spicy curry will surely enhance the taste of bland dishes. Happy eating!