Microwave Keto Coconut Bread
Keto Is Easy With This Bread
Keto is all the rage right now, and while I don't like to jump on the bandwagon, this is one that I was really happy to join. I started the keto diet about seven months ago, and I managed to lose about 20 pounds. It would've been more, but I let go a little during the holiday season.
Sticking to a diet isn't the easiest thing to do, but for me personally, this one has been the easiest one I've ever tried. I don't have to avoid foods that I love—just the carbs.
At one point, I really started to miss carbs, and I decided to search for a keto-friendly bread. Most of the recipes I found seemed too difficult or took too long to make, but finally I found the perfect one. I know microwavable foods don't sound particularly appetizing, but this bread isn't too bad, and I tweaked it a bit to make it tastier.
So, if you're starting on the keto journey and you're missing bread, here's the easiest recipe you're going to find. Keep in mind that this is more of a single serving; it's perfect for making a sandwich or having as a side to a meal.
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespooon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture into a microwave-safe container or ramekin (if it already isn't in one).
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until you feel that the top is firm.
- Cut the bread in half, toast it, add your favorite topping, and enjoy!
Depending on whether you want a savory or sweet bread, you can add any of the following ingredients:
- chocolate chips (dark chocolate for keto)
- coconut flakes
- vanilla extract
- cheese (my favorite!)
- Italian seasoning
- spinach and feta
- The coconut flour in this recipe can also be replaced with 3 tablespoons of almond flour if, for whatever reason, you don't want to use coconut flour or you don't like the taste of it.
- If you decide to make the bread ahead of time, it can be stored in the fridge. I recommend reheating it in the toaster.
- It takes a few tries to get the bread exactly how you want it, and you're welcome to tweak it to your liking. Get creative!
Any sort of diet can be difficult, but keep going and it'll be worth your time. Just remember that you can do it! Also, let me know in the comments if you tried any of the variations. I would love to get some feedback!