Paleo Italian Salad Dressing
An obvious pick for what to eat on the paleo diet is so simple: salad. That wonderful dish is quick, easy, and customizable, depending on what you like. Salad dressings, on the other hand, are few and far between with paleo. They generally either contain unhealthy vegetable or soybean oils, refined sugars or artificial sweeteners, and/or colors and preservatives that our bodies are much better off without. Aside from that, store-bought salad dressings can be expensive if you eat salads regularly.
For these reasons, I personally prefer making my salad dressings at home. This paleo Italian salad dressing is delicious, contains all-natural ingredients, and is sweetened only with Truvia Natural Sweetener. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do!
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or dried chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packets Truvia Natural Sweetener
- Mix all ingredients in a cruet or other glass container.
- Shake the dressing until the Truvia dissolves completely.
- For the best taste, allow the flavors to marinate a few hours before using.