Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
Dairy-Free Milk and Curd
Plant-based and dairy-free, peanut milk and curd are great vegan alternatives to their dairy counterparts. You can use peanut milk just as you would use dairy milk, and the curd/yoghurt can be used to prepare vegan raita, kadhi, etc.
The recipes are easy to make; let me show you how.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 100 grams raw peanuts
- 12 fresh green chilli tops: pedicel (stem) and calyx (base of stem with modified leaves)
- 500 ml water
- Soak the peanuts in fresh water for 8 hours. Afterward the soaking period, rinse the peanuts, retaining the soaking water.
- Blend the peanuts with the soaking water until fine and smooth. Then strain out the milk through a fine sieve and discard the residue.
- Heat the milk until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool down until just lukewarm. The peanut milk is now ready to use.
- To prepare the curd, transfer the milk to another bowl and place the chilli tops carefully, spreading them evenly on the milk.
- Cover the milk and leave it undisturbed for 10-12 hours or more until it sets.
- The peanut curd is now ready to use.
Peanut Milk and Curd
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly