For 30 years, I have been vegetarian and mostly vegan. I've learned to create tasty vegan recipes to appeal to my family of 7.
Best Brownies Ever!
Renee and I developed this recipe while searching for a tasty vegan brownie recipe. As a single mom living in College Station, Texas, she was hoping to find a healthy chocolate recipe for her children. We think we found it!
These brownies are delicious, without the use of eggs or dairy. The applesauce is a wonderful substitute for eggs. The brownies are firm and moist, with a much nicer texture than traditional brownies. Using coconut sugar as one of the sweeteners gives the brownies a more sophisticated taste: not overpowering or sickeningly sweet. Try this recipe! You'll be glad you did.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat pastry
- 3/4 cup sugar, coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened, baking
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup flax or cashew milk, nondairy, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, vegan
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch cooking pan or dish with coconut or vegetable spray.
- Place the dry ingredients (1st five ingredients) into a large bowl and whisk. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (next five ingredients). Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring. Next, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the cooking pan/dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. The chocolate chips inside the brownies may cause the knife to come out gooey, so the knife may need to be inserted in several locations to determine if done.
- Allow 15 minutes to cool before cutting. If saving, cool completely and cover tightly. Save at room temperature for not more than two days.