Salad Recipes: Green Gram (Mung Bean) and Pomegranate Salad
A Simple Recipe
You can eat this salad as a small meal in between the regular meals or as a side dish along with a regular meal. Generally, salads are made with raw and fresh ingredients. People make many salad varieties; most of them are healthy and tasty too.
Some salads can cause indigestion because the ingredients are raw. Keep this in mind when eating salads!
- 2 cups soaked split mung bean/split green gram, also called as Moong dal
- 1/4 cup pomegranate, separated pearls
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/6 cup coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 pinch asafoetida/hing, powder
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger, finely chopped/crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar, optional
- Soak the split mung beans in fresh water for an hour. Strain, and discard the water.
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl, along with the soaked mung beans. Mix well.
Note: You can make this salad tastier by adding tempering to it.
Heat a teaspoon of ghee or oil. Add some mustard seeds to it. Let it crackle. Add some split urad dal, 3-4 curry leaves. Mix well. Put off the fire. This is called tempering. Pour it on the salad. Mix well.
Nutritional Facts of This Salad:
Mung bean salad is a delicious, protein-packed lentil salad that can be made in a jiffy. This Indian recipe is so versatile that you can add one or two other ingredients like finely chopped cucumber or raw mango pieces to get a different taste.