Soyrizo Skillet: An Easy and Delicious Vegan Dish
Scrumptious Soyrizo Skillet
This easy to make vegan meal serves up a dish suitable for either breakfast or dinner for up to four. We like to use Trader Joe's brand soy chorizo, but any brand will do.
This is a quick, simple and healthy dish that will leave both your tastebuds and tummy satisfied.
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans, cook yourself or use canned
- 3 ounces soy chorizo, comes in 12 oz package, use 1/4
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced tomato, or use 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 block of firm tofu
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 can cooking spray
- Microwave the potatoes until they are 75% cooked. Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave. Remove and cube or dice when complete.
- Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Sautee diced onion and jalapeno over medium heat.
- Add the partially cooked potatoes.
- Allow potatoes to slightly brown. Spray and stir to as needed to prevent sticking.
- Push the potato/onion/jalapeno mix to one side of the skillet.
- Add tofu in the empty half of the skillet. Add turmeric and cumin on top of tofu. Scramble with spatula until it is a scrambled eggs like texture and color.
- Add soy chorizo into tofu mixture. Scramble with spatula.
- Remove heat. Add cilantro.
- Mix contents of skillet.
- Heat pinto beans.
- Serve 1/4 of skillet mixture on a plate with 1/4 of the pinto beans next to it. Garnish with tomatoes and avocado per taste.