Vegan Ginger-Coconut Green Pasta Recipe
Vegan Pasta Loaded With Natural Ingredients
I used fresh basil in this pasta. Basil is a known source of disease-fighting antioxidants. It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It promotes cardiovascular health. It may even help fight cancer.
Another ingredient used here is coconut milk. I sometimes hear it called a 'miracle liquid' because of its beneficial properties. It may help lower your cholesterol levels, improve your blood pressure, and prevent a stroke or heart attack.
Other ingredients, such as wheat pasta, olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, kosher salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, and spinach, are also good sources of nutrients. Many of these are also known to provide significant health benefits.
An Easy, Tasty Recipe
Moving on to the recipe, it is really fun to make this pasta with these special ingredients. This recipe is easy and simple, and the vegan green pasta is super tasty and flavorful. It is truly a delight to have it hot!
I share the recipe with you below.
- 1 medium-sized packet wheat shell pasta, or any other pasta (I used wheat pasta)
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, or any other cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk, fresh or canned (I used fresh)
- 2 teaspoons or less lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch spinach
- a fistful of fresh basil
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- If you are using fresh coconut, prepare the milk: Put grated coconut into a mixer or blender. Add some water. Pulse it a few times. Strain the mix. You will get fresh coconut milk. Keep aside.
- If you are using canned coconut milk, then it's all ready to go.
- Start cooking pasta noodles and making the gravy simultaneously.
- I used wheat macaroni shell pasta. Cook them al dente as per instructions on the package. Strain and run cold water over them two or three times. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic, and peppercorn. Saute for a minute.
- Throw in washed spinach. Continue sauteing till they completely wilt. Pour coconut milk into the pan. Add red chili flakes.
- Stir-cook the mix till it boils. Add salt and sugar. Simmer for two minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Put the mix into a mixer or blender. Add fresh basil. Grind together to get a smooth liquid.
- Transfer it to the same pan or wok. Switch on the stove. When the gravy becomes hot, add cooked pasta. Mix them. Boil the mix for two minutes.
- Adjust the consistency by adding some water. This pasta should be creamy and semi-solid. Simmer till you get the right consistency.
- Add lemon juice. Stir will.
- Check for the salt and sugar. Adjust according to your taste. Turn off the stove.
- Your favorite super tasty vegan ginger coconut green pasta is ready to serve. Serve it hot in a bowl. Happy eating!
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
Nutritional Information for Ginger-Coconut Green Pasta
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|