I have started watching what goes into my food, so I've begun making my food from scratch.
Brownies With Sweet Potatoes Are Delicious!
If you're looking for a new gluten-free brownie recipe, this may be just what you're looking for. In addition to almond flour, I used sweet potato, cacao powder and cacao nibs to amp up the nutritional value. Satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt!
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons (or more) honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (or more) cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Line two 9-inch loaf pans with baking paper. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Boil the sweet potato and then mash it in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cacao nibs. Mix until combined.
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Top the batter with cacao nibs. Using a fork to gently press down the nibs.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- If your mashed sweet potato is a bit dry, add some liquid, like water or rice milk. Add one tablespoon at a time until you get a moist mash.
- I have used coconut flour in this recipe, and it came out fantastically! When using coconut flour, you might want to use coconut oil instead of olive oil.
- Instead of cacao nibs, you may use walnuts or cashew nuts. I have also used a combination of cacao nibs and cranberries.
The Benefits of Sweet Potato
16 Benefits of Raw Cacao
Nicky Hunt (author) from Manila, Philippines on July 09, 2020:
I hope you'll enjoy it too, Alicia.
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on July 09, 2020:
I've never thought of using sweet potato for making brownies. It sounds like a great idea. Thank you for sharing the recipe.