The Perfect Keto Tuna Salad for Two
This recipe was created for those on the keto way of eating; however, it is very healthy and can be enjoyed by anyone, no matter what kind of eating plan you follow. This salad includes all of the macro nutrients needed for one meal. My husband and I do intermittent fasting and eat one or two meals every day. This recipe is designed for two people; however, you can cut it in half when fixing it for just yourself.
I always try to use organically grown and pasture-raised foods when I create my recipes. It assures me that I am getting the highest nutrients possible for my body as well as the amazing flavors and aromas that are out of this world!
Are richer in flavor
Include healthy, whole, organic foods
Allow me to know exactly what I am consuming
It is not necessary to use organic foods, such as eggs. The items I use are from my personal favorites list; however, I encourage you to use what you have or prefer.
Note: The ingredients for this recipe are favorites of mine; however, you can add or omit any ingredient to make it your own "perfect tuna salad for two."
Necessary Tools and Equipment
2 large (over-sized) salad bowls
Fork, spoon, and chef's knife
Small mixing bowl
Salad spinner (optional)
- 8 cups organic leafy greens (including arugula)
- 4 pasture raised organic eggs, hard boiled and quartered
- 2 medium avocados, cubed
- 2 small red tomatoes, diced or sectioned
- 1 cucumber, lightly peeled and sliced
- 6 fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 stalks green onion, diced
- 1 whole kosher dill pickle, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 12 ounces can albacore tuna (pole-and-line caught), drained
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Greek Avocado Oil Dressing
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Hard boil the eggs and let them cool in a bowl of cold water. Then peel and cut each egg into quarters. Set aside.
- Prepare all your veggies and set aside in separate bowls, ready for assembly.
- Create your tuna mixture by adding the avocado mayo, half of the green onion, half of the pickle and 5-6 hard-boiled egg quarters. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Divide your leafy greens evenly and place them in your salad bowls.
- Add the remainder of your veggies evenly onto both salads.
- Divide your tuna mixture in half and spoon into the center of each salad.
- Divide your feta cheese and sprinkle around the perimeter of the tuna mixture.
- On each salad, add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil dressing.
Macro Nutrients for the Ketogenic Diet
1093 Calories, 89 g Fats, 16.31 g Net Carbs, and 68.36 g Protein