I love to cook, try new recipes, and share them! When healthy ingredients meet complementary spices, magic happens in the kitchen.
Fast and Easy Muffins!
This recipe is super simple to throw together—and once you've made them you'll have muffins for breakfast to last for the entire week! My kids like these muffins with mini chocolate chips, but I've also added fresh blueberries, raisins, and chopped nuts.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
12 regular-sized muffins
Read More From Delishably
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray or use paper muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal and water. Set aside to allow it to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until completely smushed. Stir in the brown sugar, apple sauce, oil, vanilla extract, and flax/water mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated. (You can add mini chocolate chips, blueberries, raisins, or chopped nuts at this step if you would like.)
- Distribute the batter between the 12 muffin cups. The batter will be thick.
- Optional step: Using your fingers, add a small pinch of brown sugar to the tops of the muffins before baking.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins are fully cooked and starting to brown on top.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool and enjoy!
© 2020 Lisa Bean