We enjoy cooking and baking. We spend countless hours experimenting with new plant-based recipes to satisfy any savory or sweet craving.
Chocolate Chip Cookies With a Twist
Not only do the plant-based cream cheese chocolate chip cookies turn out phenomenally delicious, but they're also crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
You get the best results with good-tasting ingredients. This is what I use for this recipe:
- Tofutti vegan cream cheese
- Vegan Becel margarine
- Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
I used mini chocolate chips because the distribution of the chocolate is more even than when using regular chocolate chips. But I like the cookies both ways!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
1 hour 25 min
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine (I use vegan Becel)
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flax, ground
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by preparing the flax egg by mixing the ground flax with the water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegan margarine and vegan cream cheese by whisking them to a creamy texture. Add sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined. Mix in the flax egg.
- In the same bowl add all-purpose flour, baking soda, and the sea salt. Mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips. Move the bowl to the refrigerator and chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Take the chilled dough out of the refrigerator, scoop out tablespoon-sized balls, and place them on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes. While the cookies are baking, place the remaining dough back in the fridge. Repeat steps until all the dough is used up.
- Put cookies on a cooling rack until they firm up. Store in an airtight container.
My Favorite Vegan Chocolate Chips
© 2021 Bellwether Farming