We love vegan cooking and baking. We spend countless hours experimenting with new recipes that satisfy any savory or sweet cravings.
Chocolate Chip Cookies With a Twist
Not only do the vegan cream cheese chocolate chip cookies turn out phenomenally delicious, but they're also crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
You get the best results with good-tasting ingredients. This is what I use for this recipe:
- Tofutti vegan cream cheese
- Vegan Becel margarine
- Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
I used mini chocolate chips because the distribution of the chocolate is more even than when using regular chocolate chips. But I like the cookies both ways!
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
1 hour 25 min
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine (I use vegan Becel)
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flax, ground
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by preparing the flax egg by mixing the ground flax with the water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegan margarine and vegan cream cheese by whisking them to a creamy texture. Add sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined. Mix in the flax egg.
- In the same bowl add all-purpose flour, baking soda, and the sea salt. Mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips. Move the bowl to the refrigerator and chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Take the chilled dough out of the refrigerator, scoop out tablespoon-sized balls, and place them on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes. While the cookies are baking, place the remaining dough back in the fridge. Repeat steps until all the dough is used up.
- Put cookies on a cooling rack until they firm up. Store in an airtight container.
My Favorite Vegan Chocolate Chips
© 2021 Bellwether Farming