Easy Vegan Easter Breakfast for a Crowd
A Healthy Start: Pretty Fruit Cups
The best start to your day is a healthy start. Any type of fancy fruit cup will lure children and adults from starting their Easter holiday eating candy. Use a pretty, see-through bowl or cup to add to the appeal. Cut-up your favorite fruits and serve!
Easy for a Busy Morning
- 1-2 package, vegan breakfast sausage links
- 1-2 refrigerator container, crescent rolls
How to Make
- Preheat the oven according to the crescent roll container cooking temperature. If the sausage is frozen, heat for approximately 1 minute in a microwave or warm in a pan to just thaw.
- Open the crescent container and separate the dough pieces. Place sausage on the wide end of the triangle and roll. Bake according to crescent roll directions. Serve with mustard and ketchup.
Potato and "Egg" PancakesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Potato and "Egg" Pancakes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 8 oz. medium-firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 c. chickpea flour
- 1 large leaf kale, chopped
- 1/2 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 T. dry parsley
- 1/2 T. flax seed meal
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. turmeric
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. pepper
- coconut oil/butter for frying (or vegetable oil)
Instructions for Potato & "Egg" Pancakes
Grate the potatoes (done easily in a food processor). Mash the tofu. Mix all ingredients together except the oil. Heat your oil in a frying pan. Shape mixture into patties and add to the pan as shown here. Brown, then reduce the heat to medium. The flatter the patty, the firmer the patties will be and the softer the potatoes will be. If you want a more "eggy" texture, make the patties less flat, but the potatoes will not be as well cooked.
These Are a Gluten-Free Pancake Option!
Sugar-Free Banana Bread
The dates, bananas, and applesauce sweeten the bread.
- 2 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 T. flax seed meal
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 c. applesauce (2 kids individual size)
- 4 large, ripe, organic bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
- 6-8 large dates, chopped (if dry, chop then soak to soften)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients, then mix in the remaining ingredients. The dough will be a little stiff. Spray oil a small loaf dish/pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, then cover with foil to keep the top from over-cooking. Bake for an additional 30 minutes. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Easy Homemade Berry Jam
Makes 2 Cups
- 2 1/2 c. frozen (thawed) or fresh berries
- 3 T. flax seed meal
- 2 T. coconut sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
Blend the berries to a liquid. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Transfer the mixture into jam-sized jars with lids. To freeze put the jam into freezable containers. Refrigerate at least an hour to set. This jam will keep in the refrigerator for about two weeks and in the freezer for about 6 months.