Easy Vegan Veggie Toast Recipe
This recipe is really special to me because I came up with it with my mum. We weren't sure how it would turn out. But from the first time we made it, it's come out amazing every time! It's so good that I just knew I had to share it! It's so easy, simple, fast, healthy, and—best of all—vegan! Another amazing thing about this recipe is that it's one of those that you can change by adding different vegetables every time (or adding whatever's in your fridge at the moment!). That way it will never get repetitive or boring.
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cabbage leaf
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fenugreek leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch asafoetida
- 1 1/2 cup gram flour
- 6 slices of bread
You can change the ingredients to your taste if you don't like any of the ingredients. For example I use bell peppers but you can use whichever vegetables you like! You can also skip the ingredients altogether and just use the flour and spices with water to coat the bread. It's completely up to you!
You can also use whichever bread you like most!
- Finely chop all the vegetables and mix with the flour and spices mentioned in the ingredients.
- Keep adding water until the mixture is not too thick or too watery.
- Cut the bread slices into triangles.
- Take one slice at a time and dip into the mixture until it's evenly coated.
- Add oil to a nonstick pan and put it to heat on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot add the slices and cover the pan with a lid for a few minutes to make sure it cooks well.
- Flip it and let the other side cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Once both sides are golden brown they are ready to be served (they taste best when they're still hot!)
Here are some pictures so that you get an idea of what each step is supposed to look like and what they'll look like once they're done!
I usually eat them with vegan kimchi but they also taste really good with ketchup, hot sauce or siracha!
© 2018 Pooja