Pooja is getting her degree in history and loves cooking and creating veganised versions of her favourite foods.
Pizza is the best thing to have when you're sad, happy, excited or bored—what I mean is that pizza is the best! You can eat it whenever and enjoy it just as much each time. However, there's something special about pizza when you make it yourself. Here's my favourite recipe that I use all the time for a vegan pizza base!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon jeera
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
Read More From Delishably
- Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water and cover it and put it aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients and add the water mixture and bind the dough.
- Make sure the dough is not too loose or hard. If it's too hard, add a little more warm water till it becomes okay.
- Cover the bowl with the mixture and keep it in a warm place for 5 to 6 hours till it has risen well.
- Once it has risen, mix again and leave it for about an hour.
- After that, you can use it as you like.
Tips and Substitutions
- The jeera is totally optional! I just personally really like the way it tastes.
- For the vegan version, I usually use warm water, but if you're not vegan you can use warm milk to give it a really nice taste.
- This amount usually makes about four medium-sized pizza bases.
- You can use this base for lots of amazing things, such as pizzas, pizza rolls, pizza buns and more!