We enjoy cooking and baking. We spend countless hours experimenting with new plant-based recipes to satisfy any savory or sweet craving.
This Sauce Complements Any Type of Pasta
Pasta is one of the most popular and beloved grains in the world. Having a good spaghetti sauce recipe is a must for many home cooks!
Try this vegan-friendly recipe and experience its depth and flavor. You can easily make is gluten-free or oil-free to meet your dietary needs.
Store any leftovers in the fridge or freezer for later use.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 hours 30 min
3 liters spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or more water)
- 1 cup yellow onion or leek, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced or chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen zucchini, cubed or chopped
- 8 medium cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 3 to 4 tablespoons white, whole wheat, or gluten-free flour
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes and their juices
- 1 cup fresh or frozen greens, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On the stove, heat the coconut oil in a large, oven-safe pot.
- Add the chopped onion or leek, celery, carrots, and zucchini to the pot and cook on medium-high for about 15 minutes.
- In the same pot, add the tofu and mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are just soft.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the flour. Stir until all ingredients are coated. Add the tomato sauce, greens, and all the spices, the salt, sugar, basil, and oregano. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Cover the pot with a lid and transfer it into the oven. Cook for 2 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally throughout, and adjust the flavor to your liking.
- Remove the pot from the oven and serve the sauce on wheat or gluten-free spaghetti. For additional flavor, sprinkle nutritional yeast or roasted onions on your spaghetti and enjoy!
© 2021 Bellwether Farming