Vegan Tomato Soup With Tahini and Basil
A Winter Soup With Tahini and Coconut Milk
Tomato soup is my favorite appetizer, so much so that I have many different recipes that I make. This vegan tomato soup is especially wonderful in the winter. A hot bowl of this spicy and aromatic soup will surely clear your throat and make you feel fresh.
Tomatoes are a good source of antioxidants. They are also high in vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and minerals. Vitamin C helps to control stress hormones in the body, and it also keeps the body energized and healthy.
Coconut milk, which is one of the main ingredients in this soup, is also very healthy. It can help improve heart health by reducing blood pressure and cholesterol. It may help build muscle, control weight, and prevent anemia. In addition to all these health benefits, coconut milk adds a sweet flavor and a creamy texture to the soup.
It took me only about 25 minutes to make this soup for three people. The tahini adds a lovely nutty flavor.
Now, let me share the detailed recipe with you.
- 4 ripe, bright red tomatoes
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped, for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp or less tahini
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika, or red chili powder
- Wash tomatoes. Boil them in water for 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
- Cover the vessel with a lid. After some time, you will observe that the skins of the tomatoes have broken. Peel them. Chop the flesh. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in chopped onions. Saute them over medium heat until they turn transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes along with the juice. Throw in dried oregano, paprika, and salt. Stir-cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, put it in a mixer. Grind to get a smooth puree. Return it to the same pan. Add 1 cup of water.
- Add coconut milk. Bring the mix to a gentle boil. Next, simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add tahini sauce. Mix well.
- Now, your favorite vegan tomato soup is ready! Pour it equally into 3 bowls. Add a few fresh basil strips on the top and serve. Enjoy sipping this nutty, creamy tomato soup.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 46 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|