Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Everybody knows how it feels when you want something sweet—when you are craving chocolate. Mmmmm, chocolate. But sometimes, chocolate can be boring. You can't enjoy a chocolate bar with a cup of your favorite sweet chai tea. No, no. It is better to sit, relax, and pamper yourself with a nice warm cup of tea with chocolate brownies!
Browse the Kitchen
I bet we all have the main ingredients for these delicious brownies already in our kitchens. You don't have to make these complicated. And you don't need a lot of ingredients: flour, water, cocoa powder, oil, sugar, and you are mostly there. If your kitchen hides some nice spices, then marvelous! Let's get started.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, or other sweetener to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder, or more if you like
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients. Mix everything together well.
- Pour the batter into a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is baked, allow it to cool.
- When cooled, you can coat the brownies with some fruit, spread your favourite marmalade on them and/or pour melted chocolate on them.
- Cut into desirable pieces. Taste! Enjoy!
Questions & Answers
© 2016 Ksenija