Stay-at-home mum and geographer by profession, I love to cook and tell heartfelt stories. I enjoy trying new recipes, dishes, and spices.
Everybody knows how it feels when you want something sweet—when you are craving chocolate. Mmmmm, chocolate. But sometimes, chocolate can be boring. You can't enjoy a chocolate bar with a cup of your favorite sweet chai tea. No, no. It is better to sit, relax, and pamper yourself with a nice warm cup of tea with chocolate brownies!
Browse the Kitchen
I bet we all have the main ingredients for these delicious brownies already in our kitchens. You don't have to make these complicated. And you don't need a lot of ingredients: flour, water, cocoa powder, oil, sugar, and you are mostly there. If your kitchen hides some nice spices, then marvelous! Let's get started.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves a family of 4
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, or other sweetener to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder, or more if you like
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients. Mix everything together well.
- Pour the batter into a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is baked, allow it to cool.
- When cooled, you can coat the brownies with some fruit, spread your favourite marmalade on them and/or pour melted chocolate on them.
- Cut into desirable pieces. Taste! Enjoy!
© 2016 Ksenija