Lisa Jane has been cooking for many years. She loves trying out new recipes as well as cooking old family favorites.
Spaghetti has always been a favorite meal in my family. It is easy to cook, and you can't go wrong with the sauce. I have never had spaghetti without some kind of meat, be it hot dogs, hamburger, or even sausage. So when I made this one night, it was my first time cooking and eating a vegetarian sauce. I was surprised, but it was delicious without the meat and with just zucchini, celery, onions, and corn.
This is something that I will make again, but maybe with different vegetables. The great thing with spaghetti is that there is no right or wrong way to make the sauce. You can make it just the way you like. I made it because I wanted spaghetti, but we didn't have any hamburger. There were vegetables that I needed to eat up, and so this is what I made instead. This is another one of my experiments that came out great.
- 1 zucchini, cut up
- 3 stalks celery, cut up
- 1 box pasta
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 can corn
- 1 can meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a saucepan, boil water, then add the spaghetti. Cook the spaghetti until it is done. After it is done, take off the stove and drain. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, cut up the zucchini, celery, and onions. Place in the skillet and sauté until tender. Add the corn and tomato sauce. Stir and simmer until it is hot. Turn off stove.
- Place the spaghetti and sauce on the table. Eat and enjoy.
Spaghetti With Vegetable Sauce
1 cup of spaghetti with vegetable sauce:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 3.92 g
- Carbs: 45.83 g
- Protein: 8.83 g
Would You Make It?
Lisa Jane (author) from Washington on July 10, 2018:
Dred, it was delicious. I hope you try it. Your welcome.
Travel Chef from Manila on July 10, 2018:
Looks so delicious and absolutely healthy! I love eating corn kernels so I might try this dish. Thanks for sharing!