Vegetarian Spaghetti With Zucchini, Celery, and Corn
Spaghetti has always been a favorite meal in my family. It is easy to cook, and you can't go wrong with the sauce. I have never had spaghetti without some kind of meat, be it hot dogs, hamburger, or even sausage. So when I made this one night, it was my first time cooking and eating a vegetarian sauce. I was surprised, but it was delicious without the meat and with just zucchini, celery, onions, and corn.
This is something that I will make again, but maybe with different vegetables. The great thing with spaghetti is that there is no right or wrong way to make the sauce. You can make it just the way you like. I made it because I wanted spaghetti, but we didn't have any hamburger. There were vegetables that I needed to eat up, and so this is what I made instead. This is another one of my experiments that came out great.
- 1 zucchini, cut up
- 3 stalks celery, cut up
- 1 box pasta
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 can corn
- 1 can meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a saucepan, boil water, then add the spaghetti. Cook the spaghetti until it is done. After it is done, take off the stove and drain. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, cut up the zucchini, celery, and onions. Place in the skillet and sauté until tender. Add the corn and tomato sauce. Stir and simmer until it is hot. Turn off stove.
- Place the spaghetti and sauce on the table. Eat and enjoy.
1 Cup of Cooked Spaghetti
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 43 g||14%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 325 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Spaghetti With Vegetable Sauce
1 cup of spaghetti with vegetable sauce:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 3.92 g
- Carbs: 45.83 g
- Protein: 8.83 g