Agnes Laurens is a writer for her local newspaper. She is married and has three daughters. She loves cooking in her free time.
I've come to believe that my middle daughter may have a gluten allergy or sensitivity; we noticed that every time she ate gluten products she would feel a little bit sick. Since switching her to a gluten-free diet, she's felt much better. Now, when I go to the store, I shop for gluten-free products. I feel lucky that my grocery store in The Netherlands has a gluten-free department. If your local store doesn't carry these types of items, you can find many options online.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
about 6 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 5 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 300 grams gluten-free penne rigate
- 200 grams vegetarian strips of bacon
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free wheat flour
- 175 grams aged Gouda cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove and cook the gluten-free penne rigate pasta according to the instructions.
- In a separate pan with water, add the chopped cauliflower. Cook until the cauliflower has softened but isn't too soft.
- In a bowl, mix the vegetarian bacon and cheese.
- Oil a large baking dish. When the pasta and cauliflower are done, mix them together in the baking dish. Add the vegetarian bacon and cheese. Mix well.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- If you don't need this recipe to be gluten-free, you can substitute wheat-based pasta.
- If you don't need the mac and cheese to be vegetarian, you can substitute real bacon.
Rate my recipe
© 2020 Agnes Laurens
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on June 02, 2020:
This recipe looks delicious and not too difficult to make. Thank you for this recipe.
Agnes Laurens (author) from The Netherlands on June 01, 2020:
My daughter loved it! And that is the most important thing as a mother: that my child ate!
Thanks for the comment.
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on May 31, 2020:
This sounds like a tasty meal. I like the fact that it's both gluten free and vegetarian. Thanks for sharing the recipe.