Beverly is a home cook who follows the keto WOE. She loves creating new recipes and reinventing classics.
A Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly Main Dish
These lasagna-stuffed mushrooms are delicious bites of cheesy goodness smothered in meat sauce. This recipe is both low carb and keto-friendly.
When I have an idea for a recipe, I usually do a quick online search to see what I can find. Sometimes I find something close to what I want, and other times I do not. That's when I go into the kitchen and play. This recipe is the result of my last play session.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 servings (4 mushrooms per serving)
- 12 medium-sized mushroom caps, cleaned, stems reserved
For the sauce:
- 1/2 pound 80/20 ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
For the filling:
- 1 tablepoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4% milkfat, large curd
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, large
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In mixing bowl, mix items for filling, using a 1/4 cup of mozzarella. Make sure to separate the spinach well.
- In saucepan or microwavable bowl, mix browned ground beef and marinara. Heat until warmed through.
- Stuff mushrooms with approximately 1 teaspoon of filling, using more if necessary. Place mushroom caps in 9x9 glass pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with marinara and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes until meat sauce is warmed through and cheese is lightly browned.
© 2019 Beverly Grace