Lasagna Stuffed Mushroom Recipe (Low Carb & Keto Friendly)
Low Carb, Keto Friendly Main Dish
These lasagna stuffed mushrooms are delicious bites of cheesy goodness smothered in meat sauce. This recipe is both low carb and keto friendly.
When I have an idea for a recipe, I usually do a quick online search to see what I can find. Sometimes I find something close to what I want, and other times I do not. That's when I go into the kitchen and play. This recipe is the result of my last play session.
- 12 medium-sized mushroom caps, cleaned, stems reserved
For the sauce:
- 1/2 pound 80/20 ground beef, browned & drained
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
For the filling:
- 1 tablepoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4% milkfat, large curd
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, large
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In mixing bowl, mix items for filling, using a 1/4 cup of mozzarella. Make sure to separate the spinach well.
- In saucepan or microwavable bowl, mix browned ground beef and marinara. Heat until warmed through.
- Stuff mushrooms with approximately 1 teaspoon of filling, using more if necessary. Place mushroom caps in 9 x 9 glass pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with marinara and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-15 more minutes until meat sauce is warmed through and cheese is lightly browned.
|Serving size: 3|
|Calories from Fat||306|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 34 g||52%|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65%|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 52 g||104%|
|Cholesterol 201 mg||67%|
|Sodium 1091 mg||45%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Beverly Grace