How to Make Crispy Fried Garlic Bits
Crispy fried garlic bits are an important condiment in cooking. It adds depth to the dish's aroma, flavor, and texture. You can use it to make noodles, rice, soup, and even fish or meat dishes more interesting. Let me teach you how to make it yourself at home!
- 36 small pieces garlic head, minced
- 3 cups cooking oil
- salt, (optional)
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- Cooking Spoon
- Large Bowl
- Tray or Plate
- Empty Container or Bottle
Step-by-Step Procedure: Crispy Fried Garlic Bits
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Combine cooking oil and minced garlic on a pot. Cook over a low heat.
- Stir the mixture to separate the bits of garlic.
- Remove the pot from the heat before the garlic bits turn brown.
- Mix everything continuously until it turns golden brown. Immediately drain it using a strainer.
- Lay the garlic in a tray or a plate with a paper towel lining.
- Allow it to cool down before storing.
- Store the fried garlic bits in a sealed container or a bottle to lengthen its shelf life.
Tips and Techniques
- Use a food processor to easily mince the garlic.
- Buy peeled garlic to lessen the preparation time.
- Stir continuously to prevent the garlic bits from sticking.
- Continue cooking the garlic bits before it turns into golden brown. The hot temperature of the oil will continue the cooking process.
- Save the garlic oil. Use it when cooking other meals to provide a garlicky taste to the dish like special garlic fried rice.
- Add salt to make the bits tastier.
- Keep the temperature in low heat to allow the oil to sip the flavor of the garlic and to avoid the bits from burning.
- Add the crispy fried garic bits to chili garlic oil.
Questions & Answers
- Helpful 1
- Helpful 1
How long is the shelf life when you make the garlic bits?
I can keep mine up to 6mos or so in a tightly sealed container to maintain its crunchiness. You may want to keep it in two different containers, small and big ones. All you need to do is to refill the small container once you run out of your supply.Helpful 2
© 2018 Dred Cuan