I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Garlic Chutney Powder (Dry Garlic Chutney)
Spice Up Your Meals
This is a delicious, pungent, hot, and spicy chutney powder. You can use it in many ways. People use this paste inside masala dosa, vada pav, pakoras, etc. It is a nice side dish for snacks. It lifts the taste of any type of meal. Stuffing it inside flat breads makes the flat breads very tasty.
Making this dry chutney is super easy. It took me about 25 minutes to make a bowl of this. You can preserve it for months at room temperature.
Here is the detailed recipe to make this powder.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A bowl full of chutney powder
- 1 small cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups dry coconut/copra, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Goose berry size tamarind
- 3/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp or less oil, for sauteing garlic
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Dry Garlic Chutney (Garlic Chutney Powder)
- Peel garlic cloves. Saute them in very little oil till they become slightly golden brown. For perfection, refer the pic. Transfer them to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add dry coconut slices. Saute till the edges change color to golden brown. Transfer it to a plate.
- Add tamarind to the same pan. Saute it for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat. Tamarind becomes crispy after 5 minutes. Transfer it to the same plate.
- Put all the contents in the plate into a blender or mixer. Add red chili powder and salt. Grind to get a coarse powder.
- Add sauteed garlic. Pulse together until garlic becomes crushed and blends nicely with the other items in the blender.
- Transfer this chutney powder to a bowl. Store it in an air-tight container after it cools down completely.
- Enjoy using this tongue-tickling side dish whenever you feel like.
Garlic Health Benefits
Garlic is a popular ingredient in cooking in many parts of the world due to its strong smell and deliciousness.
Garlic is highly nutritious, but contains less calories. It contains vitamins, dietary fiber, and minerals. It is known to combat many diseases, including asthma and common cold. People take garlic supplementation to maintain optimum blood sugar level and also to reduce high blood pressure.
It is a miraculous spice/herb that can prevent Alzheimer and dementia. It can ward off many diseases, including cancer. Include 1-2 cloves of garlic in your daily food to keep your body warm and boost your over all health.