A Recipe for Authentic KFC Coleslaw
This is the REAL DEAL!
Everyone says that fast food chain restaurant Kentucky Fried Chicken has the best cole slaw around. Well, I got this recipe from a guy who swears that he worked there, and that this is THE authentic recipe for it. It is creamy and sweet, a perfect side for barbecue pulled pork. This recipe serves 12.
A cole slaw tip my grandmother gave me: Toss in peanuts for an extra salty crunch!
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 1/4 cups Miracle Whip. This is a commercial mayonnaise substitute and is essential for this slaw's sweet flavor.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 carrot
- 1 head green cabbage
1. Grate the carrots and cabbage, mix together.
2. Mix oil, onions, vinegar, tarragon, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir in Miracle Whip.
4. Pour the mixture over the carrots and cabbage.
5. Mix everything together very well.
6. Refrigerate and serve cold.
Store it covered and in the refrigerator. It is best if made one night before you serve it.