Stephanie loves to save money in any way possible so she can spend it traveling and eating expensive food.
This Tastes Like Real KFC Coleslaw!
Everyone says that the fast food chain restaurant Kentucky Fried Chicken has the best coleslaw around. Well, I hear they keep their recipe a closely guarded secret, but I swear this recipe is right up there with theirs! It is creamy, sweet, and a perfect side for barbecue pulled pork. This recipe serves 12.
A coleslaw tip my grandmother gave me: Toss in peanuts for an extra salty crunch!
Read More From Delishably
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 1/4 cups Miracle Whip. This is a commercial mayonnaise substitute and is essential for this slaw's sweet flavor.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 carrot
- 1 head green cabbage
- Grate the carrots and cabbage, mix together.
- Mix oil, onions, vinegar, tarragon, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in Miracle Whip.
- Pour the mixture over the carrots and cabbage.
- Mix everything together very well.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Storage Tip: Store it covered in the refrigerator. It is best if made one night before you serve it.