A Recipe for Authentic KFC Coleslaw
This Tastes Like Real KFC Coleslaw!
Everyone says that the fast food chain restaurant Kentucky Fried Chicken has the best coleslaw around. Well, I hear they keep their recipe a closely guarded secret, but I swear this recipe is right up there with theirs! It is creamy, sweet, and a perfect side for barbecue pulled pork. This recipe serves 12.
A coleslaw tip my grandmother gave me: Toss in peanuts for an extra salty crunch!
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 1/4 cups Miracle Whip. This is a commercial mayonnaise substitute and is essential for this slaw's sweet flavor.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 carrot
- 1 head green cabbage
- Grate the carrots and cabbage, mix together.
- Mix oil, onions, vinegar, tarragon, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in Miracle Whip.
- Pour the mixture over the carrots and cabbage.
- Mix everything together very well.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Storage Tip: Store it covered in the refrigerator. It is best if made one night before you serve it.