Soups: Spicy, Colorful Spinach Soup for those Cold Winter Evenings
Spinach soup is enriched with Italian seasoning. It is creamy, soft and tempting. Natural ingredients in this soup makes each sip refreshing. Fresh peas here and there adds crunchiness. Enjoy it!!
How to make Spinach Soup with Vegetables and Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups spinach / palak, chopped
- Fistful fresh peas
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped lengthwise
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper corn
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning, oregano, basil etc
- 1 tsp corn flour
- as per taste salt
- 3 glasses water
Step-by-Step Images Showing Cooking
- Keep ready all the ingredients. Make a paste of garlic, ginger and pepper. You can add water while grinding. Take a mixing bowl. Mix the corn floor with some water. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Saute the chopped spinach, till they are tender. Throw green peas and chopped carrots to the pan. Continue sauteing in low flame for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomato and ginger-garlic-pepper paste. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 2-3 glasses of water. Throw salt. Pour corn flour mix. Let the contents boil for two more minutes. Switch off the flame. Add the Italian seasonings. Mix well. Hot and spicy soup looks tantalizing. Enjoy drinking it !!
Health Benefits of Spinach Soup with Vegetables
I used many herbs, vegetables, spices, leafy greens and butter in the recipe. Each one of these has many health benefits.
- Spinach: This leafy green vegetable is a super food. It has protein, iron, vitamins, minerals and nutrients important for skin, hair and bone health. It helps in improving blood glucose control in diabetics, helps in lowering the risk of blood pressure and cancer.
- Green peas: It has numerous nutrients like vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that help in improvement of vision and eye health. It provides antioxidant benefits. It is also a source of omega-3 fats.
- Carrot: A power food, helps in maintaining beautiful skin, hair, prevents cancer and is anti-aging. It helps in improving the vision. It prevents heart disease. Vitamin A in carrot helps in flushing out the toxins in the body. It helps in easy bowel movement.
- Ginger and Garlic: These popular herbs are known for their special medicinal properties. Both these are known to fight against infections, prevent cancer, reduce inflamation and have numerous other health benefits.
- Black pepper: It helps in the prevention of cancer, stimulates digestion. It has vitamin C which helps in removing the harmful free radicals.
- Italian seasoning: I used basil and oregano in this soup. Both these are known for fighting infections and are anti-inflamatory. They are known for antioxidant property, beneficial for lowering the risk of heart disease.
|Serving size: 333.7 g|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 285 mg||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other Similar Recipes
- Soup Recipes: Szechwan Soup With Stir-Fried Vegetables
Wow! Amazing soup for cold weather. I made this Szechwan soup yesterday night. I used plenty of stir-fried fresh veggies and a bit of Szechwan sauce in this recipe. You'll be as delighted as I was.
- Soup Recipes: Sweet corn with Vegetables Soup
A mild soup with chunks of crunchy sweet corn and vegetables. It is creamy and has a pleasant flavor. Sweet corn soup is less spicy and suitable for people of all age groups.
Just to Tickle the Brain; A Small Quiz on Vegetables and Spices
view quiz statistics