Angie Power lives in Northern California. She enjoys clean eating, good health, crafting, and writing.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 pound organic asparagus spears
- 2 small organic sweet chilis, sliced
- 3 small organic garlic cloves (or 2 large cloves), chopped fine
- 4 thin slices fresh organic ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- Toasted sesame oil
- Peel the garlic and chop fine. You can use a garlic press for this step, but I find chopping garlic by hand to be soothing. I take advantage of the opportunity to chop garlic whenever my recipes call for it.
- Sprinkle the salt over your pile of chopped garlic. With the knife blade, push down flat (you will hear the salt crush as it infuses into the garlic). This step is half of my secret weapon in this recipe by infusing salt into your garlic while grinding your finely chopped garlic into a super-fine (flavor-enhancing) garlic pulp.
- Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin discs. For this recipe, I used four disc slices. If you are a ginger fan like I am, you can most certainly add a few more slices!
- After all your veggies and goodies are cleaned, gutted, chopped, sliced, peeled, disked and infused, toss them all into your skillet with the toasted sesame oil. Turn heat to medium-high heat to sautee before adding the asparagus.
- Add cold water and optional soy sauce into the pan. Allow the asparagus to tenderize and water to evaporate. Serve and enjoy!
Read More From Delishably
Share Your Thoughts!
We would love to hear your thoughts about and/or results from our asparagus secret weapon recipe. Leave us a comment and tell us what you think.