Char is a creative writer, artist, and inventor—in and out of the kitchen.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- water (enough to soak the fries)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3/8-inch-thick strips.
- Soak the cut fries in salted water for 30 minutes.
- Spray the fries with olive oil (I used a repurposed I Can't Believe It's Not Butter sprayer).
- Air-fry for a few minutes at 300 degrees; then crank up the temperature to 400 and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Continue cooking until you have achieved the desired color and crispiness.