Author of many recipes published in healthy living magazines. Ovo-lacto vegetarian. Cooking is my passion.
Baked Stuffed Spicy Bell Peppers
Oven-baked stuffed spicy bell peppers are one of my favorite dishes regardless of the season. During the summer I use fresh peppers, and during the winter I use frozen. I recommend this dish to anyone who is looking for a filling and delicious vegetarian or vegan dish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrot, fresh or dry
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves, fresh or dry
- 8 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/6 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Rinse the rice.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a frying pan. Add onion and fry until golden.
- Pour water into a cooking pot and add rice, carrot, onion, and parsley leaves.
- Cook the rice for 20 minutes until the water thickens.
- Add spices and salt. Cook for another 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Wash the bell peppers and remove the middle part with the seeds. Wash the insides as well.
- Wash and peel the potato. Wash again and slice thinly.
- Fill bell peppers with cooked rice. Top each pepper with potato slices, tucking the potatoes inside (see photo below).
- Spread 1 tablespoon of oil over a baking pan and lay the stuffed bell peppers on their sides. If there is any remaining rice, spread it around the peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out the baking pan, and use a spoon to carefully turn the peppers to the other side.
- Bake for another 30 minutes, until golden. Serve warm and enjoy.
Read More From Delishably
© 2022 Suzana Trifkovic