Baked Broccoli and Cauliflower With Cheese (Low Carb) Recipe
Photo of Broccoli and Cauliflower With Cheddar Cheese
A Vegetable Dish That Your Children Will Eat
Is it hard to find vegetables that your child/children will eat? If your answer is no, consider yourself very fortunate. But if your answer is yes, then this is a vegetable dish that they will eat. My daughter who is not a vegetable lover actually took some home with her.
Cheddar cheese is melted over the whole dish. Everything with melted cheese is always better. Plus it's a low carbohydrate dish, not to mention the nutritional value of broccoli and cauliflower.
One serving, about 4 oz., has about 68% vitamin C among other vitamins. So try this dish and enjoy and stay healthy.
Photos of the Prepping and Cooking Process.
Using Fresh Cheese
Whenever possible, choose to grate your own cheese. The pre-grated cheese you get in the stores have their place, but the cheese you grate yourself melts so much better than the pre-grated stuff.
I used sharp cheddar cheese but you can use whatever cheese you like that melts well. The white cheddar cheese is good too or grated Swiss cheese or Monterey Jack cheese are other possibilities.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- a few splashes milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Start a large pot with boiling water. When it comes to a boil, put the broccoli and cauliflower into the pot and cook till fork tender, which should be roughly about 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in a baking dish. Add salt and pepper and drizzle just a little milk over the vegetables and dot with the pats of butter. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and bake until the cheese is melted.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Rachel L Alba