The Finished Product
I use cauliflower often in my cooking, as you may have noticed in my recipes. It's versatile and takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with, making it easy to sneak into lots of recipes to get some extra veggies. But I get bored of using cauliflower rice all the time. Sometimes I want to get some crunch out of my veggies.
I happened to have a head of cauliflower in the refrigerator. So I took out my favorite chef knife and chopped it up. I wanted to add some bold flavor to it, and I had the brilliant idea to add some buffalo sauce to it. You can use any kind you prefer, but I chose Cholula because it's my favorite. It's got a little heat and lots of flavor. Perfect to pair with cauliflower!
What Do You Think?
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut up the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Put them into a large Ziplock bag and add the remaining ingredients to the bag. Close the bag and mix everything until the cauliflower is totally coated with seasonings.
- Place the cauliflower onto the baking sheet and place in the top rack for 30 minutes, flipping once. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
Cut Up Cauliflower
Once the cauliflower was cut up, I didn't want to have another dish to wash. Cauliflower can get messy, ya know? So I threw the pieces into a plastic bag with the seasoning, and mixed it that way. So much easier than using a dish, and the clean up was non-existent. If you've ever used cut up cauliflower, you know that the little pieces can get everywhere and be a nightmare to clean up. So a Ziplock bag seemed like the perfect idea. And it was.
No Muss No Fuss
Roasted to Perfection
21-Day Fix Container Counts
This recipe is 21-Day-Fix approved. One serving would count as:
- 1 green container
- 1.5 teaspoons
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is widely accepted as a healthy vegetable. But why? There's a lot of benefits to incorporating cauliflower into your regular diet. Here are some of the top reasons:
- It's high in fiber. This can aid in weight loss, and help you feel full throughout the day. Also, fiber is super important to keep our digestive system functioning smoothly.
- It's low in calories. This helps with weight loss too, which I, like many others have struggled with for decades. Even though it's low cal, it contains a bunch of important vitamins, including vitamin C, vitamin K, B vitamins, and potassium.
- It's a good source of antioxidants. This word is thrown around often, but what do antioxidants really do for us? They protect the cells in our body from free radicals and can help to reduce inflammation. Antioxidants and fiber may help reduce our risk of developing certain diseases, like cancer and heart disease.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Leah