Cabbage Potato Soup Recipe
Cabbage Potato Soup
Unique Blend of Cabbage and Potato
Soups are my favorite. This cabbage potato soup is an awesome winter dish that can keep you charged for the whole day and keep you extra warm. I chopped the vegetables in a chopper, and that made my work very easy. The chopped cabbage is just sauteed in butter and added to it to make the soup crunchy.
I served this hot soup on a cold winter morning along with breakfast. You can serve it anytime, whenever you desire. This soup has a rich garlic and cabbage flavor. Garnish it with roasted, julienned onions and finely chopped coriander leaves at the time of serving. For a tangier taste, I added a few drops of lemon juice to the hot soup.
Here is the detailed recipe for this soup.
- 1 small bowl cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup potato, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, 2 tsp roasted, for garnishing, remaining for the soup
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped, for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp butter, olive oil or any other oil, for sauteing the cabbage
- 1 tsp lemon juice(optional), 1/4 tsp to add each bowl while serving the soup
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Cabbage Potato Soup
- Finely chop carrot, garlic, and potato in a vegetable chopper. Keep aside. Chop cabbage separately.
- Saute onion julienne in oil till golden brown and crispy. Keep aside. This is for garnishing the soup.
- In the same deep-bottomed pan, add some butter and chopped green chilies. Throw in garam masala powder. Just stir them together for 30 seconds. Add all chopped vegetables, onions, garlic, except for the cabbage.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add 4 cups of water. Add salt. Let the mix boil for 6-7 minutes or till the veggies become soft. Turn off the stove.
- Grind the mix. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining butter. Throw in chopped cabbage. Saute for 3-4 minutes or till they become tender yet crunchy.
- Pour vegetable mix. Stir well. Give it a nice boil. Adjust the thickness by adding water. Check for salt. Adjust according to your taste. Turn off the stove. Soup is done!
- Pour the hot soup equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and roasted onions. I added a few drops of lemon juice to the hot soup. Enjoy sipping this flavorful soup!
Nutritional Information of Cabbage Potato Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 4 mg||1%|
|Sodium 102 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|