Chickpea Salad With Roasted Flax Seed and Sesame Seed
Chickpea Salad With Roasted Flax Seed And Sesame Seed
Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Salad Is a High Protein Food
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are tasty legumes that contain lots of fiber and protein. Cooked chickpeas are particularly tasty. It is the best way of eating chickpeas. They are rich in antioxidants, minerals, carbohydrate, iron, phosphorous, folate, manganese, etc.
Chickpeas help to control blood sugar levels. It increases satiety and hence, helps in weight loss. Due to high fiber content, it improves digestion and bowel movement. It also helps to protect against cancer and heart diseases.
How to Make Chickpea Salad At-a-Glance
Making this salad is very easy. You have to boil the soaked chickpeas with some salt and just sufficient water. Next, Strain them. Use this water for making a curry or soup. Take chickpeas in a mixing bowl. Add cooked green peas, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, lemon juice, pepper powder, and salt. Mix well. This is the salad.
Serve 2-3 tablespoons of this topped with roasted sesame seeds and flax seeds. This salad is filling. So, eat small quantity at a time.
Now, let me share the detailed recipe with you.
- 1 bowl chickpeas (garbanzo beans), soak overnight, add fresh water and salt. Cook them
- 2-3 tbsp fresh green peas, optional, just sauteed
- 2-3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, optional, finely chopped, I used
- 1 tbsp flax seeds, dry roasted
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, dry roasted
- 1/4 tsp or less salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images For Making Chickpea(Garbanzo Beans) Salad:
- Soak chickpeas overnight in water. Drain the water. Add some fresh water and a bit of salt. Cook them. I cooked them in a pressure cooker. Strain them.
- You can use this chickpea water for making soup or curry.
- Take chickpeas in a bowl. Add all the ingredients as per list, except roasted sesame seeds and flax seeds.
- Mix well. This is the salad.
- Now, heat a pan. Dry roast sesame seeds and flax seeds till golden brown. Turn off the heat. Set aside for cooling.
- Serve 2-3 table spoons of the salad topped with some roasted flax seeds and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy eating this yummy salad for good health!
Nutritional Information of Chickpea Salad
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 52 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|