Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives or artificial colors.
A Side Dish With Multiple Benefits
Corn methi masala curry is both delectable and easy to make. Corn, fenugreek leaves, tomatoes, cashew nuts, and a few spices are combined to create a spicy curry with a lovely, balanced taste. This side dish pairs well with both rice and flatbreads.
Fenugreek (methi) may be a less-familiar ingredient to some of you, but it's commonly used in Indian cuisine. This herb has some health benefits, as well. The leaves of fenugreek can help lower blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol levels, and provide benefits for skin and hair. This herb can also be beneficial to nursing mothers.
Corn also imparts great health benefits. It contains antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. Corn also promotes eye health.
Let's look at how to make this easy side dish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn or frozen, I used fresh ones
- 2 cups fresh fenugreek leaves, washed, finely chopped
- 2–3 tbsp cashew nuts, soaked in water for a few minutes
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1–2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2–3 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder(amchur powder), available in Indian stores
- salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Corn Methi Masala
- Blend together soaked cashew nuts, ginger, green chilies, and chopped tomatoes to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle.
- Add cashew nut paste and cook until oil separates from the mixture.
- Throw in red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder, salt, and sugar. Saute the mix for a minute.
- Add chopped methi (fenugreek) leaves and stir cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add corn and half a cup of water. Cook them for five minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.
- Now, mouth-watering corn methi masala curry is ready to serve!
- Serve it hot with roti, chapati, paratha, or rice. Enjoy the taste!
© 2018 ShailaSheshadri