Kresa is a wife and mother to two beautiful children. She enjoys cooking for her family and creating new recipes for them to try.
My Great-Aunt's Recipe
This recipe was passed on to me by my beautiful great-aunt. It is one of my favorite recipes to make, especially during summer gatherings. I hope that you will enjoy it as much as my family does. It's super easy to make, and it's delicious, too!
- 3 (11 oz.) cans shoe-peg corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup scallions
- 2 jalapeños
- Salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream and mayo.
- Slice the scallions and add to the mayo and sour cream mixture. Stir together.
- Remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeños. Dice the jalapeños and add them to the mixture.
- Add the drained corn and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and chill before serving.
Serving suggestion: This salad is delicious on its own, but it can also be enjoyed as a dip with corn or tortilla chips.
© 2019 Kresa
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on September 10, 2019:
The combination of ingredients in your recipe sounds like it would create a very tasty result. The recipe was educational for me. I've never heard of the type of corn that you used.