Creamy Spinach Soup
Green Nutritious Puree With White Sauce
Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, calcium, magnesium, folate, and potassium. It is also a very good source of dietary fiber, zinc, and protein.
This green veggie makes very tasty puree soup when combined with white sauce. This home-made, simple soup is a good appetizer for cold winter evenings.
Over to the recipe.
- 2 packed bowls spinach, washed
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tsp plain flour/maida
- 2 tsp olive oil or any other oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 tsp pepper powder, or as per taste
- salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Cream of Spinach Soup or Spinach Puree Soup With White Sauce
- Finely chop 8 spinach leaves. Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Saute them in butter till they become crispy. Collect in a bowl. Set aside. This is for garnishing the soup.
- Add remaining spinach to the pan. Add some salt. Stir-cook them for 4-5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Take it in a mixer or blender. Make a smooth paste or puree. Keep aside.
- Wash the pan. Make it dry. Add oil. Throw in plain flour. Saute on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk. Combine the roasted flour with it by stirring continuously. Bring the mix to a boil. Simmer for a minute.
- Add spinach puree. Throw in some pepper powder. Add water to adjust the consistency. This soup should be moderately thick.
- Add some salt, if needed. Boil the mix for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Your favorite cream of spinach soup is ready!
- Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with crispy spinach. Enjoy sipping this soup on a cold evening!
Nutritional Information of Cream of Spinach Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|