I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors or preservatives.
Creamed Corn Vegetable Soup
Drinking hot soup during winter evenings is an absolute pleasure. Sweet corn is an ingredient that makes any soup delightful. In this creamy corn and vegetable soup, you have to crush the corn a little to get the creamy finish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
4 bowls of soup
- 1 bowl sweet corn kernels, (I used fresh corn)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder, (if you don't have it, use black pepper powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- Take corn in a mixer/blender and add water. Crush to get a mostly thin mixture with some chunks. Add some water and boil the mix for 3–4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Mix corn flour in half a cup water and make a lump-free mix. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Sauté chopped carrot and cabbage for 3–4 minutes.
- Pour in corn flour-water mix. Also pour in boiled corn mix. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper powder, sugar, and salt. Mix and give a quick boil. Turn off the heat.
- Creamy corn and vegetable soup is ready to serve. Sip it hot and enjoy the yummy flavor!