Creamy Corn and Vegetable Soup Recipe
Drinking hot soup during winter evenings is an absolute pleasure. Sweet corn is an ingredient that makes any soup delightful. In this creamy corn and vegetable soup, you have to crush the corn a little to get the creamy finish.
- 1 bowl sweet corn kernels, (I used fresh corn)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder, (If you don't have it, use black pepper powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- Take corn in a mixer/blender and add water. Crush to get coarse and thin mix. Add some water and boil the mix for 3–4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Mix corn flour in half a cup water and make lump-free mix. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Sauté chopped carrot and cabbage for 3–4 minutes.
- Pour in corn flour-water mix. Also pour in boiled corn mix. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper powder, sugar, and salt. Mix and give a quick boil. Turn off the heat.
- Creamy corn and vegetable soup is ready to serve. Sip it hot and enjoy the yummy flavor!
Keep an Eye on the Consistency
Crushed corn has the tendency to become thick when boiled. Hence, adjust the consistency adding water to it. Adjust the salt and sugar accordingly.
Photo Tutorial for Creamy Corn and Vegetable SoupClick thumbnail to view full-size
Nutritional Information of Creamy Corn and Vegetable Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 37 g||12%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 520 mg||22%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|