I am a food enthusiast and am always trying new recipes. I love to garden, get crafty, and read a good book!
Even the Kids Will Enjoy This Kale Recipe!
Reminiscent of creamed spinach, this remix with kale gives a new flavor to an old favorite. This recipe comes together quickly and easily for a simple side. Even those who aren't kale fans will enjoy this dish for its creamy and savory flavors. You can add more cheese if you want it cheesier or omit the onions if you're not a fan of onions; the options are numerous. If you are hesitant to try kale, use half spinach and half kale and see if you like it. You can also make this recipe with frozen kale—just steam and drain the kale before adding it to the sauté pan. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 10 to 12 ounces kale, stems removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons plain cream cheese
- 1 whole lemon, zested (save the juice for another recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan until melted and add chopped onion. Sauté until onion is soft and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add kale and toss to coat in butter, onion mixture. Stir kale mixture for 2 to 3 minutes until kale has softened and is bright green in color (see photo).
- Add lemon zest to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add in cream cheese and stir until it has melted and all ingredients are coated in cream cheese. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Lastly, stir in Parmesan cheese and mix to combine. Once all ingredients are mixed thoroughly, enjoy!
What Do You Think?
© 2021 Lisa Bean
Liza from USA on September 22, 2021:
I have never cooked kale like this. It does look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Lisa. I think I'm going to try it soon.
Miebakagh Fiberesima from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, NIGERIA. on September 22, 2021:
I like it. Thanks.