Crispy Green Chilli Pakora Recipe
Green chilli pakora is a popular Punjabi side dish that is prepared with spices and green chillies. It's not made with the regular hot peppers, instead it uses the thick and long green peppers that are tolerably spicy. These chilli peppers will be stuffed with a mixture of spices and then deep fried till crisp. You can also serve them as a snack with Indian chutneys like mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or even tomato sauce.
Learn how to make pudina/mint chutney at home.
These chilli pakoras are very delicious and fairly simple to prepare so do give them a try. I would love to have your feedback.
- 200 grams thick and long, green chilli peppers
- 4 tbsp besan/chickpea flour
- 3 tsp ground anardana/pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- water to prepare batter, as needed
- Make a long slit in each chilli pepper for the stuffing and keep aside.
- In a bowl put the ground anardana, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Stuff this mixture in each chilli pepper.
- In a bowl take besan, add the baking powder, a little salt and red chilli powder and mix well. Then add water little by little and make a thick flowing batter for coating the peppers.
- Heat oil in a kadahi. Dip each pepper in the batter and deep fry them till crisp and golden, on medium to low heat so that the peppers are cooked till inside.
- Serve as a side dish or as a snack with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or tomato ketchup.
© 2018 Rajan Singh Jolly