Crispy Green Chilli Pakora Recipe
Green chilli pakora is a popular Punjabi side dish that is prepared with spices and green chillies. It's not made with the regular hot peppers; it uses the thick and long green peppers that are tolerably spicy. These chilli peppers will be stuffed with a mixture of spices and then deep fried till crisp. You can also serve them as a snack with Indian chutneys like mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or even tomato sauce.
Learn how to make pudina/mint chutney at home.
These chilli pakoras are very delicious and fairly simple to prepare so do give them a try. I would love to have your feedback.
- 200 grams thick and long, green chilli peppers
- 4 tbsp besan/chickpea flour
- 3 tsp ground anardana/pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- water to prepare batter, as needed
- Make a long slit in each chilli pepper for the stuffing and keep aside.
- In a bowl put the ground anardana, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Stuff this mixture in each chilli pepper.
- In a bowl take besan, add the baking powder, a little salt and red chilli powder and mix well. Then add water little by little and make a thick flowing batter for coating the peppers.
- Heat oil in a kadahi. Dip each pepper in the batter and deep fry them till crisp and golden, on medium to low heat so that the peppers are cooked till inside.
- Serve as a side dish or as a snack with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or tomato ketchup.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Rajan Singh Jolly