Crispy Vegetable and Paneer Sandwich Recipe: A Healthy After-School Snack
Crispy vegetable and paneer sandwich
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Eight half slices of sandwich
- 8 bread slices, whole wheat or any other sandwich bread
- 3/4 cup paneer, grated
- 1/2 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen or soaked dry peas
- 1/2 cup spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 green chili
- 1/4 cup coriander/cilantro
- salt, as per taste
- butter, for greasing
- Grind ginger, garlic, peas, coriander, and green chili to a coarse paste.
- Crop the edges of the bread slices(optional).
- Take grated paneer, chopped tomato, prepared paste, chopped spring onion greens, and salt in a plate or bowl. Mix them well. This is the stuffing for the sandwich.
- Take a slice of bread. Evenly spread 2 tsp of the stuffing on one side of the bread. Let the stuffing be thick. Place another slice of bread on the top. Press gently, so that, both the slices bond together.
- Grease a pan with butter. Place the sandwich on the hot pan. Cook over medium heat till the bottom part becomes crispy and gets biscuit color. Apply butter on the pan.Turn the sandwich upside down. Gently press it with a spatula to make the lower side crispy. Let the other side also get the same color. Remove on a plate. Cut it in half diagonally.
- Serve hot vegetable and paneer sandwich to children when they come back from school. They may like to eat it with tomato sauce. Elders can enjoy eating it with a cup of hot coffee.
Prepare your ingredients.
Chop your filling ingredients and separate the prepared items into bowls.
Mix ingredients together.
- This sandwich, like any other sandwich, can be made in a toast maker/sandwich maker. I prepared it in a pan.
- You can keep the ingredients ready, a few hours in advance, for a later use. However, the sandwich should be served hot only.
|Serving size: 100.6 g |
|Calories ||165 |
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 22 g||7%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium 315 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|