I am a food enthusiast and am always trying new recipes. I love to garden, get crafty, and read a good book!
Despite the less-than-magical looking photo, this veggie side dish is flavorful and delicious! The trick to bringing out the sweetness in the carrots and the rich flavor in the onions and garlic was to sauté on high heat for just long enough for the veggies to caramelize and get really tasty. The other trick was to add small amounts of water to allow the carrots to cook through without detracting from the overall flavor of the dish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 3 people
Read More From Delishably
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 carrots, cut on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup sweet Vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a pan on medium-high heat. Once the butter is mostly melted, add onions and stir to combine.
- After onions are coated in butter, sauté on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, then add carrot slices.
- Continue to cook carrots and onions until carrots are slightly browned and onions are soft and starting to get translucent.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low; then add garlic slices. Stir frequently to make sure garlic does not burn. Add spices and continue to saute ingredients until garlic is fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Increase heat to medium and add water to the pan. Add frozen peas and stir.
- Once water has cooked off, taste carrots to test for doneness. If carrots are too firm for your liking, add more water and continue to cook until carrots are fork-tender.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Veggies Give You Magical Powers!
© 2018 Lisa Bean