Healthy Snacks: Dill Leaves Falafel Recipe
Preparation and cooking time
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: 12 nos
- 1 cup chick pea/garbanzo beans, soaked in water for 8-10 hours
- 1 cup (packed) dill leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander/cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tsp chickpea flour, optional
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
Method of Preparation and Cooking
- Take chickpea/Kabuli chana in a bowl, and wash it with water. Soak in fresh water for 8-10 Hrs. Later, drain the water. Keep aside.
- Take all the ingredients in a mixer/blender, except chickpea flour and the frying oil. Dry grind them to get a coarse mix. Transfer it to a bowl. If the mix is loose, add chickpea flour/besan to get required consistency. The need for adding chickpea flour arises only if the mix turns out loose in consistency. The perfect consistency means you should be able to make firm balls from the mix.
- Pour oil in a pan for deep frying. Heat it. Prepare lemon size balls from the mix and drop into the hot oil. Don't overcrowd them. Fry in high flame for 4 minutes, occasionally turning them. Reduce the flame and continue frying till they turn brownish and crispy. Remove, drain the oil, and balls place them on an absorbent paper.
- Your dill leaves falafels are ready to eat. Serve hot with tomato sauce or with any other dip of your choice. Enjoy the lingering taste in your mouth.
Step-By-Step Photos Showing the Cooking
Ingredients in the blender/mixer
Coarsely ground falafel mix
Falafel balls preparation
- Falafel is a popular middle eastern snack. It is very delicious and healthy. You can prepare the falafel mix in advance for later use. This mix can be preserved for 1-2 days in refrigerator, in a closed container. Bring the mix to room temperature before frying.
- You can munch falafel just like that, or you can eat it with any dip of your choice.
Nutritional information measured in percentage
|Serving size: 100 |
|Calories ||330 |
|Calories from Fat||171|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 19 g||29%|
|Saturated fat 12 g||60%|
|Carbohydrates 25 g||8%|
|Fiber 48 g||192%|
|Protein 33 g||66%|
|Sodium 2 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|