Easy Carrot Stir-Fry or Carrot Palya
Carrot Stir-Fry or Carrot Palya
An Awesome Side Dish in 15 Minutes
Carrots are one of the most widely used and enjoyed vegetables in the world. Both adults and children like them because of their mild sweetness and crunchy texture. You can make colorful dishes using this delicious orange veggie, as they are bright in color.
Carrot Nutrition and Health Benefits:
Carrots are high in antioxidants. Their health benefits are due to their beta-carotene and fiber content. They are rich in vitamin A, C, K, B8, folate, pantothenic acid, iron, copper, potassium, and manganese.
Their health benefits may include lower risk of heart attacks, reduction of cholesterol, improved vision, and reduced signs of premature aging. They may have the ability to boost your immune system, improve digestion, detoxify your body, improve cardiovascular health, betterment of oral health, etc.
About Carrot Stir-Fry:
I made this carrot stir-fry in about 15 minutes. Adding green chilies and grated coconut makes this side dish flavorful yet simple and only midly spicy.
Let's see how to make this simple and easy side dish.
- 6 medium-sized carrots, washed, peeled, diced
- 3-4 green chilies, slit lengthwise, cut in an inch length pieces
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- salt to taste
- a few curry leaves
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Carrot Stir-Fry
- Wash carrots. Peel them. Dice them or chop in 1 cm length pieces.
- Heat a deep-bottomed pan or wok. Add oil. Throw in mustard seeds. Let them crackle.
- Throw in slit green chilies and curry leaves. Saute them for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped carrots. Add some salt. Stir-cook on a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat a little, add half a cup of water. Mix well. Cook them covered for 4-5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- By this time, the water would have almost dried up. Throw in grated coconut. Add remaining salt. Give a good stir.
- Turn off the stove. Your yummy carrot stir-fry is ready. It is crunchy, colorful, and delicious.
- Serve rice, roti, flatbread, or chapati with carrot stir-fry on the side. Enjoy the taste!
- This side dish is less-spicy, sweetish, crunchy, and delightful.
Nutritional Information of Carrot Stir-Fry or Carrot Palya
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 16 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|