Easy Chinese Green Beans Recipe
Green Beans are Fiber-Rich
Green beans are always abundant in the market. This vegetable is planted by farmers all-year round; though the plant requires semi-cold climate to produce crunchy and plump string beans.
Green beans can be mixed to almost any vegetable dishes: sauteed, stew, grilled, baked, and stir-fried. The Chinese loves to stir-fry chopped vegetables such as chopped green beans and carrots. Protein is added in the form of fried tofu.
Sauteed Green Beans
- 1 cup of green beans, washed and cut into 1" long
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into strips
- 1/2 tofu, cubed and fried
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- dash of iodized salt and ground pepper
1. Heat oil in a non-stick wok over low heat.
2. Stir-fry garlic until gold brown.
3. Cook onions until transparent.
4. Stir in tomato paste and soy sauce.
5. Add a dash of salt and pepper, according to taste.
6. Add the green beans and stir-fry until shiny green.
7. Toss in the fried tofu cubes. Stir until well-coated with tomato.
8. Blend in the carrots strips. Cook for 5 minutes while occasionally stirring.
9. Optional: add a dash of sugar or a drizzle of honey.
10. Serve as toppings on steamed rice or cooked egg noodles; or with bread.