I love to give tips on how to make delicious recipes that I enjoy.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 2 to 4 as a side dish
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2-3 tbsp (3-4 cloves) garlic, minced
- 1 large package sliced mushrooms
- 1 large bag fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil, garlic, and two tablespoons of butter to a large non-stick frying pan. Add a quick spritz of cooking spray before adding the ingredients to make the process easier.
- Heat the pan over low to medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown. If the pan dries out, add another tablespoon of butter before moving to the next step.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook them for 4-6 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add parsley and stir while continuing to cook.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked and soft, spread the spinach leaves on top, about half of a bag. Cover and cook this for 1-2 minutes. Feel free to add a little oil or butter to keep the pan from drying out again.
- Uncover and stir the cooked spinach and mushrooms together. Spread the remaining spinach leaves on top again and cover the pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper to your preference. Enjoy!
Bee Adams on January 16, 2016:
Yummy. But it would be nice in recipes to have more exacting amounts than 'a bag'. I did make it and it was both good and elegant.
Raitu Disong on July 21, 2013:
I just love mushroom and ginger!
Now I am going to try to follow your tips.
Thanks for sharing:)
Susan from India on February 17, 2013:
This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
ImaSurvivor74 (author) from Upstate NY on January 30, 2013:
Thanks Annie! Ironically, i just had made some tonight lol. So quick and easy...hope u enjoy too.
Annie Miller from Wichita Falls, Texas on January 30, 2013:
What a wonderful idea! I usually have spinach and mushrooms on hand, now I have another way to use them. Thanks for posting!
ImaSurvivor74 (author) from Upstate NY on March 04, 2012:
They are my favorites also...i hope you enjoy! Thanks
veggie-mom on March 03, 2012:
I love mushrooms & spinach, they are the vegetables I reach for most often while cooking. Thanks for sharing this recipe, it looks delicious. Welcome to HubPages!