Making Bell Pepper Dry Curry
This is an easy and simple curry that takes about 10-15 minutes to make. The ingredients used are the bell pepper, chickpea flour, red chili powder, onion, turmeric (optional), and salt. I believe all these ingredients are normally available in the kitchen. Hence, making this yummy curry is much easier with the ready ingredients!!
Sautéing is the best way to cook bell pepper because that way the peppers retain all of their health benefits. This recipe is full of bell pepper and chickpea flour flavors. You can use it as a side dish for pancakes or for boiled rice.
- 2 heaped cups bell pepper, seed removed, cut into tiny pieces
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt, as per taste
Step By Step Images and Instructions
- Chop bell pepper into tiny pieces. Finely chop the onion. Keep all other ingredients handy.
2. Heat two tablespoons of oil(you can use more oil for this curry) in a kadhai. Add chopped onion. Saute till it turns transparent and golden. Add chopped bell pepper. Throw salt as per taste. Mix well. No need to add water. The moisture in the bell pepper is sufficient for the cooking.
3. Stir the mix occasionally. No need to cover the kadhai. Add sugar and red chili powder. Bell pepper becomes cooked(still crunchy) after a few minutes. Add chickpea flour. Let the fire be minimum. Mix well; so that, it won't burn on the bottom. Mix thoroughly for one minute. Put off the fire.
4. Bell pepper dry curry is ready to serve. Transfer the curry to a serving bowl. Enjoy eating this awesome curry as a side dish.
- In the beginning of the curry making, you can saute half a teaspoon carom seeds in the oil, for the added flavor. Carom seeds is good for digestion too.