Easy Recipes: How to Make Creamy Corn Soup
An Overview of Making Creamy Corn Soup
For making this soup, you need about 2 cups of fresh/frozen corn. I used fresh corn. Take a cup of corn in the mixer grinder. Make a puree, adding a cup of milk as you go. Keep aside. Heat a table spoon of butter in a deep-bottom pan. Add half a cup chopped onions. Saute till it turns golden. Add some diced carrots. Continue cooking till they become tender, yet crunchy. Throw some chopped tomatoes into the pan. Stir cook till they become soft.
Add whole corn. Cook for 5-6 minutes on low fire. Add salt. Mix well. Pour corn-milk mix into the pan. Stir and cook for a while. Add a glass of water to adjust the thickness. Just give a boil. Turn off the fire. Add pepper powder and dried oregano flakes. Creamy corn soup is ready! Serve it hot in a bowl. Garnish it with freshly chopped basil. Let me share the detailed recipe.
Ingredients for Making Creamy Corn Soup
- 2 cups fresh corn/frozen corn, 1 cup for making the puree+1 cup for stir-cooking
- 1/2 small cup chopped onion
- 1/2 small cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 small cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup milk, to make the corn puree
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- a few fresh basil, chopped, for garnishing
- 3/4 tsp butter, for sauteing
- 1 glass water, or as needed, to adjust the thickness
Step-By-Step Guidelines and Photos for Making Creamy Corn Soup
- Take a cup of corn and milk in a mixer grinder. Make a puree. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a deep bottom pan. Add chopped onion. Saute till it becomes golden.
- Throw chopped/diced carrots into the pan. Stir-cook till it becomes tender, yet crunchy. It may take about 2-3 minutes on medium fire.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook till they become soft. Add corn. Stir-cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt. Mix well.
- Pour corn-milk mix. Stir well. The content starts becoming thick. Reduce the fire. Add a glass of water to adjust the thickness. Just boil for a minute. Turn off the fire.
- Add pepper powder and dried oregano flakes. Mix well.
- Creamy corn soup is ready to serve. Serve this yummy soup hot in a bowl, garnished with freshly chopped basil. Happy sipping!
Nutritional Information of Creamy Corn Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 280 mg||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|