I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
An Overview of Making Creamy Corn Soup
For making this soup, you need about 2 cups of fresh/frozen corn. I used fresh corn. Take a cup of corn in the mixer grinder. Make a puree, adding a cup of milk as you go. Keep aside. Heat a tablespoon of butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add half a cup chopped onions. Saute until it turns golden. Add some diced carrots. Continue cooking till they become tender, yet crunchy. Throw some chopped tomatoes into the pan. Stir cook till they become soft.
Add whole corn. Cook for 5–6 minutes on low fire. Add salt. Mix well. Pour corn-milk mix into the pan. Stir and cook for a while. Add a glass of water to adjust the thickness. Just give a boil. Turn off the fire. Add pepper powder and dried oregano flakes. Creamy corn soup is ready! Serve it hot in a bowl. Garnish it with freshly chopped basil. Let me share the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Four bowls of soup
Ingredients for Making Creamy Corn Soup
- 2 cups fresh corn/frozen corn, 1 cup for making the puree+1 cup for stir-cooking
- 1/2 small cup chopped onion
- 1/2 small cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 small cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup milk, to make the corn puree
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- a few fresh basil, chopped, for garnishing
- 3/4 tsp butter, for sauteing
- 1 glass water, or as needed, to adjust the thickness
Step-By-Step Guidelines and Photos for Making Creamy Corn Soup
- Take a cup of corn and milk in a mixer grinder. Make a puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add chopped onion. Saute until it becomes golden.
- Throw chopped/diced carrots into the pan. Stir-cook till it becomes tender, yet crunchy. It may take about 2–3 minutes on medium fire.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook till they become soft. Add corn. Stir-cook for 3–4 minutes. Add salt. Mix well.
- Pour corn-milk mix. Stir well. The content starts becoming thick. Reduce the fire. Add a glass of water to adjust the thickness. Just boil for a minute. Turn off the fire.
- Add pepper powder and dried oregano flakes. Mix well.
- Creamy corn soup is ready to serve. Serve this yummy soup hot in a bowl, garnished with freshly chopped basil. Happy sipping!
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri