An Easy Tomato and Carrot Soup Recipe
People make many varieties of soups. I believe, tomato soup is the easiest and most popular of all. I have seen a lot of people order tomato soup in spite of the many varieties available on the menu. It is a tangy, delicious dish with lots of health benefits. It's normally flowing and creamy in texture.
This dish can be made by adding other suitable vegetables in a small quantity and tomato as the main ingredient. This is mainly to make the soup more healthy and different. My version uses tomato, carrot, beetroot, ginger, fresh peas, cumin seeds, and garlic. It came out well. It was perfect! Carrot and beetroot enhanced the color and sweetness of the soup. There was no need to add sugar. Herbs like garlic and ginger gave a nice aroma to the soup. I have shared the recipe below!
- 1. 2 cups, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2. 1/4 cup, carrot, chopped
- 3. 1/8 cup, beetroot, chopped
- 4. 1 tbsp, fresh peas
- 5. 1/4 inch, ginger, chopped
- 6. 3-4 cloves, garlic
- 7. 1/2 tsp, peppercorns
- 8. 1/8 tsp, cumin seeds
- 9. 1/2 tsp, salt, to taste
- 10. 1 tsp, butter, while serving
- 11. 1 tbsp, chopped coriander leaves/cilantro, for garnishing
- Take tomato, carrot, beetroot, and peas in a container. Add half cup water. Cook in a pressure cooker or on a stove top. Keep aside for cooling.
- Pour it into a mixer. Add chopped ginger, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, and pepper corns. Grind to get a smooth paste or liquid.
- Strain the mix. Boil it for one minute. Add salt. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro.
- Pour into serving bowls. Top it with some butter. Enjoy drinking the hot tomato soup.