Easy and Delicious Sautéed Mushrooms
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 22 min
Yields: 8 oz mushrooms
- 8 oz (1 pack) pre-sliced mushrooms, (or whole if you prefer to slice them fresh)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- In a large frying pan, add pre-sliced mushrooms and butter. If you prefer, wash mushrooms beforehand or slice whole mushrooms yourself. Using pre-sliced mushrooms just makes the preparation faster.
- Turn on burner and set to medium heat (on my stovetop, it is setting 5 out of 10). This may vary based on your stove. Ideally, you want enough heat where the mushrooms will cook in about 20 minutes, but not so much heat that it cooks away the butter too quickly.
- Once your saucepan begins to heat, stir the mushrooms so that they get evenly coated with the melted butter.
- Continue stirring occasionally. As the mushrooms cook, their juices will combine with the butter to help keep them from sticking.
- About midway through the cooking process, add a generous sprinkling of seasoning and mix with the mushrooms (the amount will vary by preference). If you are not sure, season lightly while cooking and remember that you can always add more to the finished product if not seasoned enough.
- Toward the end of the cooking process, the liquid will dry up. Add a second dose of seasoning at this point and mix with the mushrooms. If the mushrooms are not yet cooked to your liking, continue stirring regularly so that they do not stick to the pan. I prefer to cook them until soft and brown, as pictured.
- When the mushrooms have been fully sautéed to your liking, immediately remove from pan and enjoy!