Healthy Dishes: Kadhai Mixed-Vegetable Curry Recipe
Some Information About Kadhai Mix Vegetables Curry
Making a curry needs good planning. That means you should know which veggies and spices you want to use that are both tasty and healthy. Kadhai mixed-vegetable curry is one of those curries that satisfies both. Also, you have the liberty to use any vegetables you like and different combinations of spices here. You can use paneer, mushroom, etc. along with other veggies like carrot, French beans, potato, capsicum, and cauliflower.
This curry has awesome color and taste. It goes well with roti, chapati, rice, phulka, and with any kind of flatbread.
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup French beans, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- fistful fresh peas/frozen
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder, Kitchen King Garam Masala-available in Indian stores
- 2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1/4 inch ginger, cut in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- 1/6 tsp dry mango powder, optional, store bought
- 1/4 cup paneer, optional, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup potato, cut in cubes
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images For Making Kadhai Mix Vegetables Curry
- Take cashew nuts, grated coconut, kitchen king garam masala, red chilies, ginger, and garlic and put them in a mixer. Grind, adding water as needed, to get a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Chop vegetables as directed. Heat oil in a kadhai or deep-bottom pan. Throw in chopped onion. Saute, till it turns golden. Add paneer cubes. Stir fry for 1 minute. Throw in carrot, French beans, fresh peas, and cauliflower. Continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes. Add capsicum and tomato. Mix well. Stir cook further for a minute. Add water. Cover the kadhai for fast cooking. Lower the heat, continue cooking till veggies are cooked and still crunchy.
- Pour ground mix. Mix well. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, and dry mango powder. Let it boil. Simmer on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Kadhai vegetable curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with flatbread, poori, chapati, kulcha, naan, roti etc. Enjoy eating!
Nutritional Information of Kadhai Mix Vegetables Curry
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 440 mg||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|