Healthy Curries: Spinach and Paneer Curry
Spinach and Paneer Curry
Spinach and paneer curry is different from the popular palak paneer curry. In the palak paneer curry, palak is mixed with the gravy, either raw or sautéed; whereas in spinach and paneer curry, sautéed, crispy paneer is served as a side to the spinach curry.
This is one of the healthiest curries you can eat due to the nutritious ingredients involved in it. Spinach, paneer, onion, and yogurt are the main ingredients of this curry.
1. 4 cups spinach
2. 1 cup coriander leaves
3. 1 1/2 tbsp ghee/butter
4. 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
5. 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
6. 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
7. 6 strips of paneer
8. 4 tbsp yogurt
9. 1/2 tsp coriander-cumin powder(available in Indian stores)
10. 1 tsp garam masala powder(store bought, available in Indian stores)
11. 1 green chili finely chopped
12. Salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spinach and Paneer Curry
- Wash spinach and coriander leaves. Blanch them or sauté them for 2-3 minutes on a pan, to make it par cooked. Cool it.
- Grind with a green chili to form a rough paste. No need to add water while grinding. Keep aside.
- Heat butter/ghee in a pan. Dry fry paneer strips for 30 seconds. Remove and keep aside.
- Add chopped onion to the same pan. Sauté till it becomes golden. Throw chopped garlic and ginger. Continue sautéing till the raw smell disappears.
- Add Garam masala powder and coriander-cumin powder. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add yogurt and spinach paste. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Add salt. You can add 2-3 tsp water to the mix.
- Spinach and paneer curry is ready to serve. Transfer the curry to a serving plate. Serve with paneer strips and flat bread or with basmati rice. Happy eating!
|Serving size: 1 small cup|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 12 g||24%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|